Be Informed and Stay Safe from Asbestos Exposure with the Following Facts in Mind

Asbestos is a category of heat-resistant material that were used ages ago in America during construction works. The exposure to asbestos has been linked to all manner of serious and life-threatening medical conditions, thanks to the fibrous and heat-resistant nature of asbestos. It is estimated that over 2 million tons of asbestos are consumed, albeit unknowingly, throughout the world. This of course, poses all manner of dangers, and here are some of the insane facts you have to know when it comes to asbestos.

The first fact you ought to be aware of when it comes to these harmful ingredients is that they can be found pretty much anywhere. From the soil to the water and even the moving air, they are just about to present in every single thing. Mines, factories and heaps of wastes are also known to harbor harmful asbestos particles. Further to that, it is worth mentioning the most common way you get exposed to asbestos is through the air. This justifies the need for thorough asbestos testing in your living spaces to ensure you are safe from these life-threatening and harmful particles.

Asbestos exposure has been documented as a major cause of the toes and fingers clubbing. You will know your fingers and toes have started to club when the surrounding skin starts to harden and thicken. This is normally brought about when the supply of oxygenated blood to the toes and fingers is significantly compromised leading to bulbous, club-like deformities. This is always a wake-up call to make haste and seek urgent medical attention should you notice any of the said signs as it could be a sign of exposure to asbestos. Fact number three on asbestos exposure is that it can lead to cancer. This is actually one of the biggest dangers of asbestos exposure, leading to a possibility of contracting mesothelioma and other types of cancers. Unfortunately, it may take quite a long time for the cancer signs and symptoms to start to show up.

You have probably seen it on a website that deals with asbestos facts that it cannot be broken down into any chemical property known to man. Put otherwise, you don’t expect an exposure to asbestos to be metabolized or to get easily absorbed into your body system. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. Now, when you have all this information with you, you will be better placed to make the right decisions when it comes to protecting yourself and your loved ones.